We are pleased to have this blog post contributed by Matthew Challen! There are lots of amazing ideas on the horizon for 2020 Bathrooms! Enjoy!
- If you love the outdoors and keeping in touch with nature this Biophilic design trend for 2020 will be right up your alley!
- Biophilic Design brings nature to the inside of your home.
- Natural occurring colour scheme (greens, pinks, reds, browns are just a few of the colours to choose from)
- This bathroom trend creates a calmer spa like feeling by integrating plants, and nature into your design.
- Common trends include: a full wall of greenery, floral and palm wallpaper, natural occurring stone backsplash and tile and natural wood accents and counter tops. Sleek lines and natural light. Adding a skylight and big windows to your bathra oom and light on a dimmer switch adds to the feel of being in nature. Stand alone tubs with modern dark taps and rain shower heads.
- Stone In-lay on the floors to give a natural rainforest vibe
- Built in floor level bathtubs
- Glass wall open showers with high end modern black, oil rubbed bronze and copper coloured fixtures
- Stand alone tubs
- Black and white themes or copper and white themes are very popular colours for this Trend.
On Trend Colours for 2020 Bathrooms
- According to the Milan Design show the on trend colours for 2020 will be accents of champagne, deep yellows and orangey reds.
- Tips for acquiring these trendy colours, accent towels, decor, for a lighter touch if you want to, go with bold accent walls and tile backsplashe , also champagne coloured fixtures
Timeless bathroom designs
- Marble counter tops or flooring provide a sleek upscale look to any bathroom
- Subway tile, backsplash and showers. Subway tiles can also make a great accent wall with bold colour yet a classic look.
Small Bathrooms and powder rooms need love too
- Wallpaper is super in for small bathrooms these days it’s a great way to make a small space come to life
- Tile room floor to sealing
- Since it is a small space you can use more luxurious products. Marble is always a great choice, granite or Quartz countertops.
- Stained hardwood on the ceiling is a big trend for 2020
- Floating toilets and cabinetry to make the space appear bigger. Floor to sealing built-in cabinets to provide optimal storage in a small space
- Sinks made of concrete or other naturally occurring stone.
- Console style vanity’s great for small spaces
- Cement tiles are a fun way to create a feature wall in a shower or a really cool accent flooring design. They come in every colour and design imaginable